A bath with a tantalizing shower gel is the actual definition of relaxation after a long day full of hustle bustles. Automatically your brain will get rejuvenated and reinvigorated, no matter how frustrated you have been at your work. Luxe brands, of course, will please you with their aroma and ingredients. However, not everyone has the capability of affording them each month. No offense, but I am one of them.
Additionally, there are several side effects involved with body shower gels. Furthermore, their proper usage is unknown to many. Well, dolls, this article is your one-stop destination for all these questions.
Stay tuned with us and get lost in this redolent guide regarding body wash gels….
What Is Shower Gel?
In simple terms, a shower gel is a particular liquid product with soapy characteristics used for washing the body at showers. Although they have soapy traits, you must not confuse them with liquid soaps. Essentially, shower gels don’t contain saponified oils; rather, they contain synthetic detergents derived from plants or petroleum sources.
Do you know body washes have a lower pH value than the shower gels compared to the traditional soaps? As a result, this makes them less light to the skin. This is where the core benefit of a body wash gel lies.
How To Use Shower Gel For Best Results?
Using a shower body bathing gel every day doesn’t make any sense if you don’t know how to do it correctly. Check out the steps below right now to ensure you are making the most out of your favorite bathing liquid:
How To Use Shower Gel correctly?
1st Step: Get Wet
Rinse off your skin using tolerable warm water to open up the skin pores.
2nd Step: Lather Up
Take a button size of bathing gel on a wet loofah, sprinkle some more water, and rub it all over your body.
3rd Step: Wash Up
Once you are done scrubbing your full body with the loofah, wash with cool water thoroughly.
4th Step: Pat Dry And Apply Moisturizer
The final step is to pat the skin dry with a towel or soft cloth. Do not forget to apply a good moisturizer at the end.
Benefits Of Using Shower Gel
1. Creates Immense Lather: Shower gel is a gift to lather lovers. Thus, using it, your skin will feel more relaxed.
2. Hydrates Your Body: Unlike soap which leaves the body rough and dry, soapsuds like bathing gel locks the moisture in your skin.
3. Exfoliates The Skin: As the application of bathing gels involves the use of loofah, it helps to exfoliate your whole body.
4. Hygienic And Travel Friendly: It doesn’t take much effort to pack a shower body gel before traveling. Just wrap it, put it inside your luggage, and you are good to go. Moreover, most body wash gel bottles are equipped with closed caps or pump facilities. These ensure that the inner product is untouched and free of bacteria accumulation
Cons Of Using Shower Gel
Now that you know all the good and flimsy sides of bathing gels, it’s also necessary to be aware of the risks or side effects involved. Hence, remembering your skin health in mind, we have jotted down a few cons you may come across for using shower gels over a long time:
- Some shower gels contain Parabens and SLS, which mess with the natural moisture of the skin.
- There are a number of shower gels containing fatal chemicals like Nitrosamines and dioxane. These are toxic for the brain and act as carcinogens at the same time.
- Cheap Shower products are packed with chemicals that affect kidneys, lungs, and the central nervous system.
- Regular bathing gel brands come with non-eco-friendly plastic packaging.
Is There Any Difference Between Body Wash Or Shower Gel?
Although body wash and shower gel are almost similar, there is a slight differentiating mark.
What’s that? The answer is Consistency.
Body washes are comparatively runnier and thinner. Shower gel oppositely has a thicker gel-like consistency and is not so runny.
Top 5 Shower Gels In 2022
Finding the perfect shower product is challenging work, especially when the market is flooded with aplenty of famous brands and cheap products. Therefore, we are here with our top 5 handpicked suggestions of the best shower gel for women and men in 2022.
1. Body Shop Shower Gel (Satsuna)
The stunning Body Shop shower gel (Satsuna) is enriched in the goodness of Satsuna Essential Oil which rejuvenates your skin. Plus, the zesty citrus essence stays with you for at least 3 hours after taking a bath.
- Gentle On Skin
- Softens and rejuvenates skin
- Mind-blowing essence
- A bit on the expensive side, but it’s worthy
Read More About: Hair Styling Product – How To Take Care Of Your Hair?
2. Nivea Shower Gel for men
Nivea shower gel for men is a highly recommended product. The strong musky scent is the first reason for buying it. Secondly, the amount of foam it creates is really way too good for deep cleansing the skin.
- It gives a refreshing and cooling feeling
- A cost-effective choice
- Moisturizes the skin
- Strong pleasant scent
- Excessive usage can dry out the skin a bit
3. Fruity Bath And Body Works Shower Gel (Fruity)
Fruity Bath and Body Wash Shower gel is the ideal product to wash your body with a bubbly, rich lather. The softer and cleaner skin you will get after using this Vitamin E-rich bathing gel is truly impressive. Molton Brown shower gel is one of the best BBW bathing products.
- It gives soft and supple skin
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Has amazing scent
- Creates a good amount of lather
- BBW bathing products are a little bit expensive, but considering the effects, it’s justified
4. Neutrogena Shower gel
Neutrogena shower gel, A.K.A., Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing body washing gel keeps the skin away from harmful chemicals. Additionally, it hydrates the skin in such a way you will feel squashy touching the skin after a bath.
- Intense Refreshing feeling
- Nourishes and hydrates skin
- A lingering scent hovers on after the shower
- The online availability of the product is a question sometimes
Read More About: Top 10 Best Grooming Kit For Men In 2022 – Must Read!
5. Radox Shower Gel
Radox shower gel is full of natural ingredients like red apple and pomegranate that resuscitate your body and mind. This bathing gel is an exemplary blend of natural herbs with a delightful fragrance and the ability to give the kiss of life to the skin.
- Energizing bathing product
- It has a charming scent
- Hydrating and nourishing
- Soothes the skin
- Overuse may cause flaky skin
You can literally close your eyes and give them a shot!! I promise you will buy them again and again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: A Shower gel is a specific liquid product intended to wash and clean the skin during showers. It’s always better to use shower gel or body washes instead of soaps. It’s because market soaps contain an excessive amount of sodium, potassium, sulfates, parabens, etc., which affect the skin texture. Shower gels contain a lesser amount of these; therefore, it’s a better option for skin.
Ans: Although shower gel is meant to apply to the body during bathing, you can also use it during relaxing spa baths. It will give your skin a gliding and healthy texture.
Ans: Shower gel is definitely not a shampoo but a specific type of body wash; specifically, a bit different from it. It’s basically a specialized liquid body cleansing product used at showers. Do not confuse it with liquid soaps, as shower gels do not contain saponified oil.
Ans: Yes, it’s always better to use shower gel or body wash if you notice that your skin feels dry, flaky, and stripped after a shower. Shower gels and body washes contain a plethora of hydrating elements which coat your skin and seal in the moisture.
Ans: Some of the best shower gels for men and women ruling the market at present are:
• Body Shop Shower Gel.
• Nivea Shower Gel for men.
• Bath And Body Works Shower Gel.
• Molton Brown Shower Gel.
• Rituals Foaming Shower Gel.
• Pears Gentle Shower Gel.
Closing Statements On Using Shower Gels
That’s all we had to say about shower gel. I hope the funda of using Body Shower Gel, including its benefits, side effects, types, is clear to you now. The best you can do at this moment is get your hand on a product we have suggested above; I assure you once again with their quality and effectiveness; you will thank me later.
Do not hesitate to drop your viewpoints or queries about body wash or the best shower gel for women and men in the comment area below.